Whether being accused of a crime, suffering injuries because of someone else's negligence, or ending a marriage, Justin Daniel realizes that his client's most important goal is being able to return to the life they knew before the problems arose. Justin guides clients through troubled situations with a combination of intelligence, experience, and resourcefulness. He has argued cases at all levels of the Virginia Court system and serves a wide-range of clients including small business owners, executives, government employees, teachers, stay-at-home mothers, police officers, and juveniles.
The son of a lawyer and a Judge, Justin became an attorney because of his passion for being in the courtroom and his innate belief in defending a person's inalienable rights from unjust attacks. He excels in seeing the merits of his client's positions and persuasively communicating those positions to secure the best outcome for his clients.
Since beginning his career at Whitestone Young, Justin has put his distinctive skills to work in a variety of complex criminal, family law and personal injury cases. His commonsense approach and demeanor sets him apart from other attorneys- giving clients confidence at critical times.
Above all, Justin believes that whether he is negotiating a Property Settlement Agreement, a proper award for injuries sustained, or the reduction or dismissal of criminal charges, his comfort to take the case to trial and his record of success in court - often provide the additional leverage needed to achieve the client's goals as quickly as possible.
• 2016-Justin Daniel Successfully negotiated a plea on Conspiracy to Distribute More than 80lbs of MJ and Racketeering charges to a sentence of only 6 months, which was almost time-served
• 2015-Justin Daniel Successfully negotiated a plea to reduce serious sexual offense felony charges; client avoided 2 mandatory life sentences and instead only received 9 months in jail
• 2015-Justin Daniel Won a DWI (.13) trial arguing client had been illegally arrested
• 2016-Justin Daniel Successfully negotiated a settlement of $350,000 for a client who was a passenger in a car struck by a drunk driver; client received the maximum payout allowable by the insurance policies available
• 2016-Justin Daniel Successfully negotiated a Divorce Settlement where client received full physical and legal custody of the child with no visitation to the opposing party as desired, and full child support; client did not have to endure the expense of trial
Areas of Practice
- Criminal/Traffic Law
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- Virginia, 2008
- District of Columbia, 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 2009
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2008
- University of Iowa
- B.A. - 2005
- Major: Political Science
- Adjunct Professor of Trial Advocacy, Columbus School of Law, Catholic University of America, 2008 – 2014
- Speaker, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, seminar on the use of new technology to prosecute Child Pornography cases
- Speaker, George Mason University Family Law Association seminar on Divorce Law in private practice
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Northern Virginia Young Lawyers Association
- Fairfax County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Association of Justice