Dickson J. Young
One of the founding principals of the firm, Dickson J. Young concentrates his practice on federal and state criminal defense, personal injury, wrongful death, driving while intoxicated, and general criminal litigation. As a litigator, Mr. Young has tried and argued cases at all levels of the Virginia court system. This has enabled him to represent a diverse group of individuals, including elected officials, industry professionals, judges, and professional athletes. He has a wealth of legal expertise and experience, and his approach to serving the client is regarded as amicable and resourceful. He puts himself in the shoes of the person he represents and knows how important freedom is. He appreciates how hard it is to earn a living and how costly the provision of legal services can be, so he works to bring value to the client equation. His fellow attorneys have given him their highest peer review rating, AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated SM by Martindale-Hubbell®.
Mr. Young is an active member of several local, state and national bar associations. He has lectured in seminars for many of those associations, as well as for the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy. In 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008, Virginia Business magazine noted his selection by practicing attorneys to be included in the "Legal Elite." Mr. Young is also an avid outdoorsman, with hobbies that include golf, tennis, scuba, skiing, and long-distance cycling.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Defense
- Personal Injury
- Domestic Relations
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Virginia, 1977
- District of Columbia, 1978
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
- Adelphi University Garden City, NY.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Fairfax County Bar Association
- Fairfax Plaintiff's Bar Limited (founding member)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice