Starting as a clerk in 2014, Tiffany Dean-Groves became an Associate Attorney at Whitestone Young shortly after obtaining her law license. In her practice, Tiffany supports and provides guidance to those clients who are faced with navigating the criminal justice system. Tiffany understands that a court appearance for any person can be stressful, and she takes the time to prepare her clients, explaining each step of the process. Coming from a hard working family, Tiffany appreciates how difficult it can be to earn a living and with that in mind provides her clients with exceptional representation.
Tiffany represents clients on a variety of traffic and criminal matters including driving on suspended license, reckless driving, and possession of drug and firearm cases. She understands that every person's situation is different and listens carefully to develop a unique plan for assisting each client.
Prior to joining Whitestone Young, Tiffany worked with criminal defense firms in the Shenandoah Valley and interned at the Commonwealth's Attorney's Office. These experiences helped hone her ability to approach cases in a distinct way that is likely to bring about favorable resolutions for her clients.
Tiffany earned her law degree from George Mason University School of Law, where she remains involved with assisting the law fraternity Phi Alpha Delta. She is a member of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and is active in both state and local bar associations. In addition to her practice, Tiffany is especially proud of her volunteer efforts in her hometown, and her position as a court-appointed attorney to those clients who may not otherwise be able to afford legal counsel. Outside the office Tiffany can usually be seen with family or friends, traveling, and indulging in her love of photography.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Traffic Defense
- Personal Injury
- Protective Orders
- Virginia, 2015
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
- J.D. - 2015
- James Madison University
- B.A. - 2012
- Tiffany Dean-Groves negotiated the reduction of a Driving on Suspended charge to Improper Driving protecting the client from losing an ongoing collateral matter in another jurisdiction (2016)
- Tiffany Dean-Groves secured the amendment of a Reckless Driving charge to Defective Equipment resulting in no points being assessed to the client’s license (2016)
- Tiffany Dean-Groves secured the dismissal of an Underage Possession of Alcohol charge protecting a college student from a criminal conviction (2016)
- Tiffany Dean-Groves secured the dismissal of a Drunk in Public preventing the client from being convicted of a serious misdemeanor (2016)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fairfax County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta